So, it’s your senior year. Congratulations!
This will be a year filled with future planning and celebration. While it may seem overwhelming, it can be a great year as long as you look ahead and make sure that you don’t forget any important steps.
Carefully review this checklist to help you stay organized.
- Have you met with your advisor to make sure that you’re on track for graduation? Remember…just because you have completed your course requirements doesn’t necessarily mean you have completed your minimum credit requirements for graduation and vice versa.
- Have you checked to make sure that all of your transfer credits from other institutions have been posted to UDSIS?
- Have you checked UDSIS to make sure your graduation term and address are accurate in the system? You won’t receive important information about graduation if these are not correct.
- Have you asked faculty for letters of recommendation? Don’t wait until the last minute! You want to give your faculty plenty of time to write it, and it will be one less thing you need to worry about during your last semester.
- Have you visited the Bank of America Career Services Center at 401 Academy Street? They offer great services such as workshops on resume and cover letter writing, interviewing and job search techniques. You should also register for the Campus Interview Program, and meet with a counselor to critique your resume.
- Have you returned any borrowed library books and paid any overdue fines?
- Have you paid any parking tickets you may owe to Parking Services?
- Is your bill in good standing? Student Financial Services is located in the Student Services Building on Lovett Ave.
- Have you ordered your cap and gown at the Bookstore?
- Have you made hotel and dinner reservations for graduation weekend? Rooms have been known to fill a year in advance.
- Once you have completed all these steps, you’re ready to graduate. Good luck!
As you reflect on your time at the University of Delaware, please join your fellow classmates and make a contribution back to UD in honor of your experience and memories during the Senior Class Gift Campaign.
Remember to check back in with us and let us know how you are doing. We are always happy to promote the success of our alumni on our website or in the UD Messenger.