Take your education to the next level. Whether you are soon to graduate or a seasoned professional, we have programs that can help you advance your career and develop expertise in your field.
The College of Education and Human Development offers masters and doctoral programs in our two academic units – Human Development & Family Studies and the School of Education.
Graduate Open House
Thursday, January 21, 2016
6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
116 Willard Hall Education Building
16 West Main Street, Newark, DE 19716
Click here for more information.
Human Development and Family Studies (HDFS)
HDFS offers a master’s and doctoral program designed to prepare the next generation of scholars for positions as researchers, professors, or leaders in early childhood, human development, family studies, human services and related fields.
Our doctoral program was ranked in the top tier in the area of student support/outcomes by the National Research Council.
School of Education
Our School of Education Graduate Program is consistently ranked as one of the top education schools by US News & World Report’s “America’s Best Graduate Schools. In 2015, we were ranked 37th in the nation, out of a pool of 357 education graduate schools.
- Ph.D. in Education program candidates work closely with leading scholars in education and gradually develop their own lines of investigation.
- Ph.D. in Economic Education program trains scholars and professionals in the fast-growing field of economic education.
- Ed.D. in Educational Leadership program students develop knowledge and skills related to the exercise of effective leadership in areas of policy, administration, technology and curriculum.
- Master’s programs allow students to develop knowledge and skills in wide range of academic content areas – special education, educational technology, school psychology, teaching English as a second language and our new online teacher leadership program.
- Online Masters in Teacher Leadership is available for current PK-12 teachers who are looking for a convenient and flexible program that will provide them skills to become a coach, mentor and trusted advisor in their school. Courses are offered online in 7-week sessions. The thirty credit program can be completed in two years.
To accelerate your progress to completing a graduate degree, in addition to our traditional masters programs and doctoral degrees, we offer several 4+1 programs. This format builds upon the strength of our undergraduate program by deepening and extending learning through graduate study, allowing students to get a bachelor’s/master’s degree in 5 years.
- Human Services Leadership Concentration is designed for UD undergraduates majoring in Human Services. It provides a pathway for students to complete a BS and MS in Human Services Leadership.
- Leadership in Early Childhood is designed for students majoring in Early Childhood Education, preparing graduates to work as direct service providers and for advancement to administrative, policy and research positions in early childhood development and education and related fields.
- Autism/Severe Disabilities. UD students in the Early Childhood Education major or Elementary Teacher Education major/Special Education concentration can become eligible for teacher certification in Autism/Severe Disabilities and earn an M.Ed. in Exceptional Children and Youth in the +1 year.
- Elementary Special Education. UD students in secondary education majors or the Elementary Teacher Education major/Middle School or Urban Education concentrations can become eligible for teacher certification in special education and earn an M.Ed. in Exceptional Children and Youth in the +1 year.
- Secondary Special Education. UD students in secondary education majors or the Elementary Teacher Education major/Middle School concentrations can become eligible for teacher certification in special education and earn an M.Ed. in Exceptional Children and Youth in the +1 year.
- Teaching English as a Second Language. UD students in the undergraduate English major can become eligible for teacher certification English as a Second Language and earn the M.A. in TESL in the +1 year.
To apply for any of our graduate programs at UD, please visit our Graduate Admission’s page.