Resources for Graduate Students
The University offers many resources to help you not only develop as a scholar, but also pursue your career after graduation.
The College of Education holds orientation activities for new grad students.
Your Electronic Connection to UD (including email)
Education Resource Center (ERC) – The ERC offers a robust collection of preK – grade 12 curriculum materials, as well as supportive materials on the craft of teaching and professional development materials for teachers.
Library research guide: Education– This website provides access to resources for education research and information, including statistics, articles, tests and measurements.
Library research guide: HDFS – Information is available regarding children and family statistics, professional associations and child welfare databases.
Office of Graduate and Professional Education – Information on coursework, research, funding, campus life and health coverage for UD Graduate students.
Writing Center: The UD Writing Center is available to help you develop and organize your writing and provide assistance formatting and writing theses, dissertations and articles
Scholarships and financial aid are available to qualifying students. Please visit these pages for more information:
Professional Development Award for Graduate Students – Conference travel is essential to the academic growth and development of graduate students. A maximum of $500 may be awarded. Awards are limited to one per academic year and to a maximum of two awards during the course of graduate study.
UD’s Career Services Center– UD’s website offering students and alumni a wide variety of information to help with all stages of career development. Ms. Cindy Holland is the career services professional for our college. She can be reached at (302) 831-8570.
Job/Graduate Fairs – Throughout the year, UD and CEHD host career and graduate fairs, to help students proceed on their chosen career path. In the spring, we sponsor Project Search, a large event for students and alumni to meet with potential employers and learn interview tips and techniques
- UD Catalog: Academic Regulations for Graduate Students
- CEHD Grad Student Leave of Absence Form
- Center for Counseling and Student Development (24-hour hotline: (302) 831-1001)
- Education Graduate Association
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Forms for UD Graduate Students
- Human Subjects in Research (important for Ed.D. and Ph.D. students!)
- Information for Education Doctoral Students Preparing their Dissertation or EPP
- Office of Equity and Inclusion
- Office of International Students and Scholars
- SOE Doctoral Defense Procedures
- HDFS Handbook, Forms and Deadlines