Top 10 Reasons to Come Here
The College of Education and Human Development at the University of Delaware has a long and respected history. The Women’s College, founded in 1913 (to complement the Delaware College for men), established teacher education, home economics and arts & science as viable and valuable fields in higher education. Since then, we have educated thousands of men and women, helping them become leaders in the fields of education, human services and family studies.
What makes our College so special? Here are the top 10 reasons:
Click the ** for testimonials from our students.
- All students gain practical experience beginning freshman year – observing, tutoring, mentoring, teaching.
- Study abroad programs allow students to gain a global perspective on education and human development. **
- Student research opportunities for both undergraduates and graduates allow students to develop valuable relationships with faculty members, while advancing their knowledge. **
- Our students get jobs! They are are actively recruited at on-campus job fairs and through career services programs. In fact, our internships provide real world experiences that often segue into job opportunities.**
- We offer a wide range of student organizations – supporting majors, student life, professional development.
- Advisement and professional development assistance is provided for undergraduates, graduate students and alumni. **
- The Graduate Program for Education is consistently ranked as one of the top education schools in the country by U.S. News & World Report. In 2014, we were ranked 30th in the nation.
- Students are well prepared to enter graduate programs. **
- UD was voted a “Best Value” by Kiplinger and Princeton Review.
- Our students LOVE it here!
“When I visited UD, I automatically felt like I was home. The campus was what initially drew me in, but I soon came to realize that there was a multitude of opportunities awaiting me. From my very first semester of freshman year I was in local elementary schools, gaining valuable classroom experience. Now, as I complete my student teaching, I feel more than ready to enter the field of education.”
Rachel Cohen, ETE, Lyndell, PA
“The professors genuinely care about your personal and educational growth and success. I feel supported by them every step of the way and that they are there to guide the decisions I make about my future plans.”
Sara Smith, Human Services, Seaford, DE
“I like my major because I know almost all of the students in my year and have formed great friendships both inside and outside of the classroom. Everyone is so friendly and willing to help each other, and because it is such a tight community, it makes the school feel much smaller than it actually is.”
Janine Navarra, ETE, Marlton, New Jersey
We invite you to visit our campus or take our virtual tour today!