Top 10 Reasons to Come Here
The College of Education and Human Development at the University of Delaware has a long and respected history. The Women’s College, founded in 1913 (to complement the Delaware College for men), established teacher education, home economics and arts & science as viable and valuable fields in higher education. Since then, we have educated thousands of men and women, helping them become leaders in the fields of education, human services and family studies.
What makes our College so special? Here are the top 10 reasons:
- Engage with the community. All students gain practical experience beginning freshman year – observing, tutoring, mentoring, teaching. By providing over 150,000 service hours a year, they have a significant impact on the lives of our residents. **
- Study abroad programs allow students to gain a global perspective on education and human development. **
- Student research opportunities for both undergraduates and graduates allow students to develop valuable relationships with faculty members, while advancing their knowledge. **
- Our students get jobs! They are are actively recruited at on-campus job fairs and through career services programs. In fact, our internships provide real world experiences that often segue into job opportunities.**
- We offer a wide range of student organizations – supporting majors, student life, professional development.
- Advisement and professional development assistance is provided for undergraduates, graduate students and alumni. **
- The Graduate Program for Education is consistently ranked as one of the top education schools in the country by U.S. News & World Report. In 2016, we were ranked 35th out of a pool of 376 graduate programs in the nation.
- Students are well prepared to enter graduate programs. **
- UD was voted a “Best Value” by Kiplinger and Princeton Review.
- Our students LOVE it here!
When asked to rate their overall education experience at UD, students from our college were extremely satisfied – 73% rated it excellent & 26% good, earning a 99% satisfaction rate (UD survey Class of 2013).
See our Student News page to learn about all the exciting programs our students experience.
We invite you to visit our campus or take our virtual tour today!