Top 10 Reasons to Come Here
The College of Education and Human Development at the University of Delaware has a long and respected history. We have educated thousands of men and women, helping them become leaders in the fields of education, human services and family studies.
See our Student News page to learn about all the exciting programs our students experience.
What makes our College so special? Here are the top 10 reasons:
- Our College works directly with people, making a difference in the lives of children, families, and the people around the world. All our students gain hands-on experience beginning freshman year – observing, tutoring and mentoring. Through student teaching, internships and research projects, our students make a positive impact on the community.
- Study abroad programs immerse you in cultures around the world, where you learn about the unique structures of families, educational institutions and government agencies.
- Research opportunities are open to both undergraduates and graduates. You can develop valuable relationships with faculty members, while gaining a deeper understanding of your chosen field.
- A wide range of student organizations are available, giving you academic support, leadership opportunities, professional development and lifelong friendships.
- UD is a “Best Value“ as rated by Kiplinger and Princeton Review.
- Our Graduate Education program is consistently ranked in the top 40 in the country. In 2016, U.S. News & World Report ranked us 35th out of a pool of 376 graduate programs in the nation.
- Our students get jobs! Often, internships at local agencies segue into job opportunities. And employers eagerly recruit students at our on-campus job fairs.
- Or go to graduate school! Alumni love to share how UD’s coursework and internships prepared them to succeed at top graduate schools around the country.
- We even support you after graduation – Blue Hens are proud of their UD education and are eager to mentor the next generation of graduates. In addition, our College offers graduate programs, professional development and even an Education Resource Center where alumni at all levels of their careers can polish their skills.
- Our students LOVE it here!
When asked to rate their overall education experience at UD, students from our college were extremely satisfied – 73% rated it excellent & 26% good, earning a 99% satisfaction rate (UD survey Class of 2013).