Delaware Teaching Fellows
Become a Teacher in Delaware With a Full Scholarship to UD
Delaware Teaching Fellows is a new program that provides full four-year scholarships, in the form of forgivable loans, to highly qualified Delaware high school seniors who are admitted to a teacher education program at the University of Delaware.
Students selected to be a Delaware Teaching Fellow are required to teach in a high needs Delaware school for four years, upon graduation from UD.
Who is eligible?
Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria to apply:
- Admitted to a teacher education program at UD
- High school senior
- Delaware resident
How do I apply?
- Complete the University of Delaware application. Applicants must apply to a teacher education major (early childhood education, elementary teacher education, or secondary education).
- Apply to Delaware Teaching Fellows (access granted after your UD application is complete). Deadline: January 31
- Selected finalists will be invited for an interview in February.
- All applicants will be notified of final decisions in March.
Note: Delaware Teaching Fellows decisions will be released separately from UD admissions decisions.