Curriculum VitaeView CV
Dr. Linda Grace is an assistant professor in the School of Education and teaches courses in literacy instruction. In her career as an educator in private and public schools, she has worked as an elementary school teacher, reading specialist, principal, curriculum director, literacy coach, principal coach, and district-wide coordinator of elementary literacy programs.
Dr. Grace continues her work in schools as a literacy coach for the Professional Development Center for Educators (PDCE). Her areas of study include improving student comprehension through teacher training in practices that support effective student cognition. Additionally, she is interested in training and professional development methods that improve the literacy practices of pre-service and practicing teachers, administrators, and school systems.
- Ed.D., Educational Leadership, University of Delaware, Newark, DE, 2016
- M.Ed., Instruction, University of Delaware, Newark, DE, 1997
- B.S., Elementary Education, 1990
- Assistant Professor, School of Education, University of Delaware, 2017–present
- Elementary English Language Arts Coordinator, Brandywine School District, Wilmington, DE, 2014–2017
- Principal Coach, Delaware Academy for School Leadership (DASL), University of Delaware, 2011–2014
- Literacy Coach, Professional Development Center for Educators (PDCE), University of Delaware, 2007–present
- Interim Director of Curriculum, St. Edmond’s Academy, Wilmington, DE, 2007–2008