Director of the College School and Instructor
Laura Dougherty is the Director of The College School and an instructor in the School of Education at the University of Delaware. She began her career at the University of Delaware over twenty years ago and has played an integral role in the development and success of The College School, located on the College of Education and Human Development’s Children’s Campus.
Laura Dougherty holds several memberships in educational organizations, including the Council for Exceptional Children, National Council of Teachers of English (NCTE), National Association of Laboratory Schools (NALS), and Delaware Association of Independent Schools (DAIS).
- M.Ed., Instruction with Reading Specialist Certification, University of Delaware, Newark, DE, 2000
- B.S., Elementary/Special Education, Radford University, Radford, VA, 1990
- Director, The College School, College of Education and Human Development, University of Delaware, 2005–present
- Instructor, School of Education, University of Delaware, 2000–present
- Master Teacher, The College School, College of Education and Human Development, University of Delaware, 1993–2005