- Email: email@example.com
- Office: 221C Williard Hall
- Phone: 302-831-6018
- Fax: 302-831-4110
Curriculum VitaeView CV
Zachary K. Collier
Dr. Zachary K. Collier is an Assistant Professor in the School of Education and the Center for Research in Education and Social Policy at the University of Delaware and a 2019 High-Performance Computing Early Career Awardee. He is also the director of the Methods for Unstructured and Difficult to use Data (MUDD) Lab.
Collier’s research expertise generally falls into the advancement and application of two areas: finite mixture modeling and data-mining- type search algorithms in the context of propensity score analysis and structural equation modeling. His research achieved the following acknowledgments: Distinguished Paper Awards from the Florida Education Research Association and the American Education Research Association, a dissertation fellowship from the Educational Testing Service, and the Data Science Institute Faculty Fellowship at the University of Delaware. He also serves on the editorial board of the Journal of Experimental Education.
Since his start at the University of Delaware in 2018, Collier has created two new courses, Advanced Structural Equation Modeling and Educational Data Mining, for the next generation of applied and methodological researchers. These courses seek to bridge the gap between theory construction and cutting-edge quantitative methods.
- Ph.D., Research Evaluation Methodology: Quantitative Studies, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, 2018
- M.A., Research Evaluation Methodology: Quantitative Studies, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, 2015
- B.S., Special Education, Winthrop University, Rock Hill, SC, 2013
- Assistant Professor, School of Education and Center for Research in Education and Social Policy, University of Delaware, 2018–present
- Research Scientist in the Student and Teacher Research Center, Educational Testing Service, Princeton, NJ, 2017–2018
- Intern for Dr. Heather Buzick and Dr. John Lockwood, Educational Testing Service, Princeton, NJ, 2016
Recent Professional Awards
- Data Science Institute Faculty Fellowship, University of Delaware, 2018
- Dissertation Fellowship, Educational Testing Service, 2017
- Distinguished Paper Award, American Education Research Association, 2016