Teachers of Tomorrow Program
About the Program
As a participant of this program, students will:
- Get a close-up look at the teacher education programs at the University of Delaware.
- Receive support during your College Application and Financial Aid/ Scholarship processes.
- Attend a two-week virtual Summer Institute.
- Receive opportunities, as a high school student, to access UD credit-bearing courses at minimal cost, beginning with the Summer 2021 term.
- The College of Education and Human Development will cover all costs of the Summer Institute (FREE)
Benefits to students in the program:
- Students will receive access to take credit-bearing coursework toward their UD teacher education degree while they are still enrolled in high school
- Support and mentoring during the application process to a UD teacher education program
- Academic support for UD credit-bearing courses
Summer Institute (June 20 – Jul 2, 2021)
Rising juniors and seniors who are accepted into the program will spend two weeks attending a virtual Summer Institute.
Program participants will:
- Spend two weeks during the summer participating in a virtual Summer Institute.
- Attend academic sessions to build your math, English and study skills.
- Participate in leadership development activities.
- Connect with professionals in areas of education.
- Learn tips and strategies for college and career readiness.