The University of Delaware College of Education and Human Development and Department of Mechanical Engineering partnered with Projected Lead the Way to present an annual conference on engineering education Emphasizing the E in STEM. Please join us Friday, January 22 from 8am until 3 pm at the University of Delaware.
We are on a mission to make the First State a leader in Engineering Education!
The day-long conference was designed for k-12 teachers, administrators, state leaders and partners from business and industry with an interest in engineering education.
Across over 8,000 schools in all 50 states, Project Lead the Way is the lead provider of rigorous and innovative STEM education curricular programs.
Who will attend
- PLTW teachers from within and outside of DE
- K-5 Launch
- Middle School Gateway
- High School Engineering
- Counselors and administrators from within and outside DE
- Industry representatives
- School district representatives look for strategics to enhance their current STEM curriculum
- Government officials concerned with STEM education
8:00 – 8:30 am Check-in/Continental Breakfast
8:30 – 9:00 am Welcome & Keynote Address
9:00 am – 12:00 pm Morning Sessions (concurrent)
- Introduction to Project Lead the Way Engineering (IED, POE, EDD)
- DDOE Career & Technical Education
- UD Admissions
- Pathway to College-Level Engineering
- Introduction to Project Lead The Way Gateway
12:00 – 12:50 pm Lunch & Keynote
1:00 – 2:50 pm Afternoon Sessions (concurrent)
- UD Design Programs
- Project Lead the Way Launch
- Project Lead the Way Computer Science
- Industry Partnerships for K12
- UD Professional Development (PDCE) or Orthopaedics In Action
3:00 pm Adjourn
*Please note: The schedule has been modified due to the upcoming storm expected to hit our region Friday afternoon.