- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office: 201C Willard Hall Education Building
- Phone: 302-831-8695
Curriculum VitaeView CV
Personal WebsiteVisit Site
Florence Xiaotao Ran
Dr. Florence Xiaotao Ran is an assistant professor specializing in higher education policy in the School of Education at the University of Delaware. She is also a research affiliate with the Community College Research Center at Teachers College, Columbia University. Her research examines how education resources and policies affect student outcomes in postsecondary institutions, particularly in community colleges, and labor market. Recent work looks at the impact of college instructors and remedial education reforms on student success. She has worked closely with higher education institutions, state college systems, and national postsecondary improvement organizations to bridge the gap between research, policy, and practice.
Dr. Ran holds a B.A. in Economics from Renmin University of China, an M.A. in Economic Policy Analysis from the University of Maryland, Baltimore County, and a Ph.D. in Economics and Education from Columbia University.
- Ph.D., Economics and Education, Columbia University, New York City, NY, 2018
- M.A., Economics Policy Analysis, University of Maryland, Baltimore County, Baltimore, MD, 2011
- B.A., Economics, Renmin University of China, Beijing, China, 2009
- Assistant Professor, School of Education, University of Delaware, 2020–present
- Research Affiliate, Community College Research Center, Teachers College, Columbia University, 2020–present
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, Community College Research Center, Teachers College, Columbia University, 2018-2020