Graduate Tuition & Financial Aid
The College of Education and Human Development (CEHD) is committed to assisting candidates pursuing a graduate education.
The graduate tuition rate for graduate students in CEHD programs– 2019-2020 academic year–is $1898 per credit ($697 for in-state students). However, CEHD offers a range of scholarships, assistantships and fellowships for qualifying students.
For more information on UD’s tuition rates and fees, please review UD’s cost of attendance chart.
CEHD Graduate students who qualify under any of the following categories pay $697 per credit (Additional graduate student fees may apply):
- Students who are Delaware residents;
- Students who work in Delaware and meet requirements for the Delaware Educator Scholarship;
- Students admitted to the Ed.D. in Educational Leadership program;
- Students admitted to the Online M.Ed. programs: Literacy, Exceptional Children and Youth, Educational Technology or Teacher Leadership;
- Full-time students who are receiving an assistantship through CEHD master’s programs (see below for details).
Additional scholarship, fellowships and awards are listed on department webpages:
Assistantships are available to full-time CEHD graduate students, and awards are based on merit. These may take the form of research assistantships, teaching assistantships or graduate assistantships. In exchange for tuition scholarships and stipends, students on assistantships are obligated to work 20 hours per week during the 9-month academic year. Priority for available assistantships is given to full-time Ph.D. students.
Students who qualify for an assistantship will receive:
- a minimum stipend for the 9-month academic year 2019/2020:
- Doctoral student – $21,000
- Master student – $20,000
- a tuition scholarship award:
- Doctoral student – 100% tuition award
- Master student (in-state or out-of-state) – a reduced rate for master’s students equivalent to the Delaware resident rate
- a reduced-cost medical insurance plan provided by the University.
Scholarships and assistantship awards are subject to availability. The information on this page is subject to change.