CEHD Faculty & Staff Awards
To recognize our faculty and staff for superior contributions to their field, our College has established a number of awards, bestowed annually during our All-College meeting.
- CEHD Excellence in Teaching award is designed to recognize and reward a CEHD faculty member who demonstrates an outstanding model of teaching that promotes excellence in teaching among other CEHD faculty.
- Rita Fillos Award – Dr. Rita M. Fillos began as a secretary for UD’s College of Education where, inspired by the opportunities for education, she went on to receive her PhD. The award is presented to a CEHD salaried or professional staff who is actively pursuing an academic degree and has demonstrated a record of accomplishment in support of the College.
- CEHD Dean’s Research Award – Two research awards are presented annually by the College, recognizing:
- an assistant or associate professor who has developed a strong program of research, received external funding to support that research, published in top research journals and/or published a book with a leading academic press.
- an assistant professor who is developing a strong program of research, has applied for external funding, and has published in high-quality journals and/or published a book with a leading academic press.
A monetary award is provided for each award, to be used to support the individual’s research program.
- School of Education Distinguished Faculty Award is presented to a full-time faculty member in the SOE to recognize outstanding achievement in research, teaching and/or service that is clearly beyond the expectations of the position.
- School of Education Second Mile Award is presented by the SOE to an individual in recognition and appreciation of exemplary support and service to the field of education.