- Email: email@example.com
Assistant Professor, Associate in Arts in Elementary Teacher Education (Wilmington) Program Coordinator
Dr. Teresa Rush is the program coordinator for the Associate in Arts Elementary Teacher Education (AA-ETE) Wilmington program and an assistant professor in the School of Education at the University of Delaware. As program coordinator for AA-ETE Wilmington, Dr. Rush recruits prospective students, teaches freshman seminar, learning science, and literacy education courses, as well as coordinates and supervises early field experiences in local schools and other organizations. In addition, she advises all AA-ETE Wilmington students and prepares sophomores for their transition to the Newark campus. Relatedly, she is a faculty mentor for CEI summer scholars, a field instructor for methods students placed in Wilmington, and advisor for Ed.D. candidates in the Educational Leadership doctoral program.
Prior work has included interning and delivering a workshop series on the Learning Forward Standards at the Delaware Department of Education, conducting research on the teaching of literature and nonfiction to develop a novel study curriculum unit as a Yale National Fellow, and serving on the ETS Praxis Reading Specialist National Advisory Committee (NAC) to develop item specifications for the PRAXIS Reading Specialist and Reading K-12 tests. Earlier in her career, she taught all subjects in elementary grades, middle school English Language Arts, high school English, and eventually became a reading specialist, instructional coach, and RTI Coordinator.
- Ed.D., Educational Leadership, University of Delaware, Newark, DE
- M.Ed., Reading Education, Wilmington University, Newark, DE
- B.S.Ed, Education, University of Delaware, Newark, DE
- Assistant Professor, School of Education, University of Delaware, 2022–present
- Program Coordinator, Associate in Arts in Elementary Teacher Education (Wilmington), School of Education, University of Delaware, 2019–present
- RTI Coordinator & Instructional Coach, Las Américas ASPIRA Academy, Newark, DE., 2017–2018
- Reading Specialist, POLYTECH High School; POLYTECH School District, Woodside, DE., 2012–2017
- Sixth Grade Teacher, Kent County Middle School; Kent County Public Schools, Chestertown, MD., 2010–2012
- Fourth Grade Teacher, Henry Highland Garnett Elementary School; Kent County Public Schools, Chestertown, MD., 2008–2010