Results from our Classroom Contest
In August, we asked teachers to provide us with photos of their classrooms and advice for future educators. We had a great response. Thank you to all who participated.
The classroom decor and helpful tips varied so widely, it was a difficult to come up with a decision. We heard from recent graduates and multi-degreed, multi-decade professionals, teaching PK – 10th grade, all of who demonstrated great pride in their work. To be fair, we selected teachers from a range of backgrounds.
- 1st Place: Melissa Fruin, ETE ’13, 4th Grade, West Bradford Elementary School, PA
- 2nd Place: Morgan Daley UD ’12, 7th & 8th Grade Math, PS 175 The Bronx
- 3rd Place: Morgan Hobbs, 2nd Grade, Lake Forest School District, DE
Stacie Zdrojewski, UD ’93, ’98, UDPPP
Amanda Hobbs, UD ’16 MS Online Teacher Leadership
If you weren’t selected, take heart…we will be following up with you to learn more about your experiences both at UD and in the field. Have a great year!
We know how hard you work to ensure your students have everything they need to succeed, including a bright and inviting classroom. We also understand the time and money that goes into creating your learning spaces.
To celebrate your efforts, we want to say “thank you” with a gift card to a few lucky winners who enter the Classroom Contest.
Here is what you have to do:
- Email a photo (or photos) of your classroom to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your name
- Grade you teach
- UD graduation year and major or PDEC/DASL workshop attended
- Provide a helpful hit or piece of advice for new teachers
Deadline: 5:00pm, Monday, August 29
Questions or comments? Please email Liz Adams at email@example.com
Good luck and thank you again!