Curriculum VitaeView CV
Jacquelyn O. Wilson
Dr. Jacquelyn O. Wilson is an Assistant Professor in the School of Education at the University of Delaware and the Director of the Delaware Academy for School Leadership (DASL) within the College of Education and Human Development. Dr. Wilson is a professor of practice, spending 30 years working in Delaware’s public schools. As the Director of the DASL, she leads a team of 10 leadership specialists who provide professional development and coaching support for school and district leaders. She also provides policy guidance to the Delaware Department of Education. Most recently, Dr. Wilson has partnered with the National Association for Secondary Principals to develop a principal academy using design thinking as a strategy for school improvement.
Dr. Wilson also serves as the Executive Director of the National Policy Board for Educational Administration (NPBEA). NPBEA is a national alliance of major membership organizations committed to the advancement of school and school-system leadership. Member organizations represent the educational administration profession and collaborate to improve the preparation and practice of educational leaders at all levels. Member organizations include the Council of Chief State School Officers (CCSSO), the International Council of Professors of Educational Leadership (ICPEL), the National Association of Elementary School Principals (NAESP), the National Association of Secondary School Principals (NASSP), the American Association of School Administrators (AASA), and the University Council for Educational Administration (UCEA).
Dr. Wilson’s service focuses on the preparation and development of principals as instructional leaders. She co-chaired the committee that developed the national Professional Standards for Educational Leadership (PSEL). She designed an alternative route to principal certification for Delaware educators, approved by the Delaware Department of Education. This University of Delaware program prepares 15-20 certified principals annually.
- Ed.D., Education, Wilmington University, Wilmington, DE, 1995
- M.Ed., Education, Salisbury University, Salisbury, MD, 1981
- B.S., Education, Salisbury University, Salisbury, MD, 1976
- Director, DASL, University of Delaware, 2017–present
- Director, Professional Development Center for Educators, University of Delaware, 2015–2017
- Director, DASL, University of Delaware, 2010–2015
- Associate Director, DASL, University of Delaware, 2006–2010
- Assistant Professor, School of Education, University of Delaware, 2006–present
- Partnership with NASSP to design and facilitate a National School Leaders Academy using design thinking methodology to solve school problems, 2007–present
- Partnership contracts (81) with Delaware school districts, schools, and the Delaware Department of Education for school improvement in literacy, math, social studies, school culture, and school leadership, 2016–present
- Partnership contracts with Yonkers, New York School District, 2014–present
- Partnership contract with Cecil County, Maryland School District for Bookworms Coaching and Support, 2016–2017
- Delaware Reading and Writing Grant, funded by the Delaware Department of Education, to support literacy and social studies professional development and coaching, 2016–2017
Recent Professional Awards
- Exemplary Service Award, Delaware Department of Education, for developing Delaware’s Cohesive Leadership System, 2010
- “Walk the Talk” Award, Delaware Department of Education, for innovation, leadership and collaboration, 2000
- Second Mile Award, School of Education, University of Delaware, 2004