Welcome newly admitted students!
Congratulations on your admission to the University of Delaware and to the College of Education and Human Development (CEHD). This is an exciting phase in your life, and we hope you will join us as you take the next important step in your future.
As a student in the College of Education and Human Development you would not only receive exceptional academic preparation in the classroom, but gain practical experience in your chosen field. You may find yourself:
- Studying abroad in South Africa, Barbados, Israel or Budapest working in schools and community centers and learning firsthand how people live in other cultures.
- Developing your professional skills while you work side-by-side with professionals in hospitals, schools, community service agencies or one of our children’s programs on campus.
- Conducting research with faculty to develop solutions to the problems that face our schools and the challenges encountered by children, youth, adults and families around the world.
Our College offers two teacher preparation programs, a major that focuses on human services for children, families and our communities, and several minors.
- Elementary Teacher Education (Kindergarten – 8th grade)
- Early Childhood Education (Birth – 2nd Grade)
- Human Services (choice of 4 concentrations)
- Disabilities Studies
- Educational Studies
- Educational Technology
- Human Development & Family Studies
- Urban Education
To learn more about our programs, check out our website:
- Picking a major (with videos on all three CEHD majors)
- Top 10 reasons to select UD’s College of Education and Human Development
We’d love to talk to you about the College of Education and Human Development. Check out the opportunities we offer to visit and learn more about us.
We look forward to seeing you on our beautiful campus next fall!