- Email: email@example.com
- Office: 206B Willard Hall
- Phone: 302-831-6631
- Fax: 302-831-4110
Curriculum VitaeView CV
Dr. Marika Ginsburg-Block is an associate professor in the School of Education at the University of Delaware. Her research focuses primarily on investigating school-based, peer and parent mediated intervention programs for vulnerable youth, while also seeking to better understand the numerous mechanisms that lead to student achievement. Her current work involves developing an adequate measure of family early literacy practices and with this measure clarifying the mechanisms by which families contribute to the development of language and literacy skills in their young children.
Dr. Ginsburg-Block holds a Ph.D. in School Community and Clinical Child Psychology from the University of Pennsylvania. She joined the faculty at the University of Delaware in 2003 and recently completed a six year term as coordinator for the graduate program in school psychology. She teaches courses in counseling, psychopathology, and mental health consultation, and she supervises field-based internship experiences in school psychology.
- Ph.D., School, Community, and Clinical Child Psychology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, 1998
- M.S.Ed., Psychological Services in Education, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, 1992
- B.S., Psychology, Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA, 1990
- Associate Professor, School of Education, University of Delaware, 2009–present
- Assistant Professor, School of Education, University of Delaware, 2003–2009
- Assistant Professor, Department of Educational Psychology, University of Minnesota, 1999–2003