Survey of Community Based Participatory Research in the Field of Autism
Faculty Mentor(s): Sarah Curtiss
Community-based participatory research is a collaborative approach to research which involves stakeholder partners in the research process. This project will be exploring the extent to which research on autism uses community-based participatory approaches. We will be developing, implementing, and analyzing an online survey to see the extent to which autism researchers implement community-based participatory research. Some of the questions we will ask are:
- What community-based participatory approaches do autism researchers use?
- In what ways are individuals on the autism spectrum engaged in research?
- In what ways are other stakeholders involved in autism research?
- What are the barriers to community-based participatory research?
- Interest in autism
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Willingness to learn
- Interest in research methods
- Familiarity with google sheets
- Previous research skills